At heatlinkgroup.com we are committed to creating comfort in our client’s immediate environment. While controlling the elements through heating, cooling and snow melting contributes to personal comfort, we realize how essential personal privacy is to human comfort. We are committed to protecting your privacy whether you are browsing our website or interacting with us as a client via our website. To do this we have taken measures to control the information we collect via our website.
Generally, heatlinkgroup.com does not collect personal information. We collect business information and thus, heatlinkgroup.com falls outside the realm of PIPEDA and PIPA. However, in the process of providing a service to you such as: registering you for one of our courses, or perhaps booking a hotel room for you, you may disclose to us your personal information. Due to the possibility of this event, we want you to know about our commitment to the privacy of your personal information.
PIPEDA and PIPA state that personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization. We consider business e-mail as part of business address. heatlinkgroup.com is committed to conducting our business in an ethical manner, and we want our clients to know that the business information they give us will only be used for the purposes for which it was disclosed.
About our Web site and your personal and business information
- You can access our Web site home page and browse our sites without disclosing your personal and business data.
- Our Web site does not enable visitors to communicate with other visitors, but it does allow you to register for a course on-line.
- Our Web site does not include links to third party Web service providers.
- We do not automatically log personal or business data, nor do we link information automatically logged by other means with personal or business data about specific individuals.
- We only collect personal and business data that you may volunteer while using our services.
- We do not collect personal or business information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organizations, without your consent.
- We may collect personal and business data for the additional purposes of:
- Creating a website login account,
- Informing customers of promotions and news.
- If we wish to use your personal or business data for a purpose, we offer you the means to consent to this new purpose.
- Our newsletters are available on-line, but we also mail them out. If you do not want these newsletters, please call us to remove your name from our mailing list.
- We are in the plumbing and heating industry, and therefore do not expect to do business with children. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children, nor do we expect children to disclose their personal data to us. Therefore, we have not taken specific steps to protect the privacy of children who, for whatever reason, decide to disclose their personal data to us.
- We do not disclose your personal or business data to our subsidiaries or other organizations without your consent. If in the process of providing a service to you, we need to contract a third party, we will obtain your consent, and the third party will be required to sign a contract ensuring the protection of your personal and business information. The third party will be required to maintain the privacy of your personal and business information, will be limited in its use of the information, and will keep the information only for as long as is legally or reasonably necessary.
- We do not give visitors to our Web site the option of using a secure transmission method to send us their personal data.
- We do not do credit card transactions on our Web site. We ask that you send us a cheque to pay for your course registration, and the information on that cheque will only be used for the transaction purposes of the cheque.
- We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- Unauthorized access,
- Improper use or disclosure,
- Unauthorized modification,
- Unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
- All our employees and data processors, that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of personal and business data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal and business data.
- We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to government institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulations.
Access to personal and business data we may hold about you
- You may have access to our data regarding you, by:
- Sending an e-mail (info [at] heatlink [dot] ca),
- Calling this telephone number (1-800-661-5332).
- Upon request, which you can indicate by:
- Sending an e-mail (info [at] heatlink [dot] ca),
- Visiting your "My account" link,
- The visitor can obtain the data via the above URL only after logging in.
- We will provide you with a readable copy of the personal and business data we keep about you, as soon as possible – although we may before require proof of your identity. We will provide the information to you without any charge.
- We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data:
- Rectified or amended,
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide our visitors with a copy of their personal and business data, but will give reasons for our refusal.
- We do, however, allow you to challenge our decision to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal and business data.
All complaints regarding privacy will be investigated by the HeatLink privacy officer. Appropriate measures will be taken to resolve the complaint. If any complaint or concern is not resolved to the satisfaction of the customer, the Privacy Commission of Canada can be contacted at:
The Privacy Commission of Canada
112 Kent Street
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada