Prior to installing the Design Suite, it is suggested that you check the following two settings inside of Excel. This will ensure that the installation process will be seamless as possible.
Step A is required if you have never had Design Suite installed on your system.
Note: If you are having problems finishing the installation of the Design Suite, please read the bottom of the FAQ page.
If this is the first time Design Suite v3.5 is being installed follow Step A.
1. Open your Microsoft Excel and select the Office Button as shown below, then select Excel Options from the menu.
2. In the Excel Options Window select Trust Center and then Trust Center Settings... as shown below.
3. In the Trust Center Window select Macro Settings and then Enable all macros as shown below.
figure 4.3 Microsoft Excel - Tools
4. Click OK to confirm changes.
1. On your Desktop, create a new folder, titled New Design Suite.
2. After you have downloaded the Design Suite file, double click the file to launch the WinZip window shown below. If you receive the following security warning, select run.
figure 5.1 Microsoft Excel - Warning
3. You will see the following window.
figure 5.2 WinZip
4. Use the Browse Button to locate and select the new folder that you placed on your desktop previously. You will see the following window.
figure 5.3 WinZip
5. Click OK.Now click the Unzip button to extract the files to this folder. When finished you will see the following window, select OK
figure 5.4 WinZip
6. Now open the folder, “New Design Suite”, located on your desktop. You should see the following.
figure 5.5 New Design Suite Folder
7. With the New Design Suite folder open, double click on the SetupOffice2007.xls file to launch the installation process. Make sure you select SetupOffice2007.xls (for Office 2007).
figure 5.6 New Design Suite Folder
8. The installation process will now ask you to Enable Macros which is required for the installation to proceed.
figure 5.7 Microsoft Excel - Enable Macros
9. The Heatlink Design Suite Install process will begin with the Welcome screen.
figure 5.8 Heatlink Design Suite Install - Welcome screen
10. The installation process will now ask you to exit any other programs that you are running at this time so that there will be no conflicts during the installation process. Exit programs and Click Next
11. The installation process will now ask you to read this agreement and scroll to the bottom of the screen and check the I accept the license agreement before clicking the next button.
figure 5.9 Heatlink Design Suite Install - Agreement screen
12. The installation will now display the path at where the Design Suite library files will be installed.
Note the location is: \AppData\Raming\Microsoft\AddIns
figure 5.10 Heatlink Design Suite Install - Destination Folder
13. The installation will now display the results of checking your computer for Adobe Acrobat Distiller and a previous version of HeatLink Design Suite. In the example below the installation program has detected that Adobe Acrobat Distiller is absent. Design Suite does not require Adobe Acrobat Distiller for it to run, however the feature of outputting PDF documents will be disabled.
figure 5.11 Heatlink Design Suite Install - results of system check
14. If you have previously installed Design Suite v2 or v3 the installation program will show a window similar to what is shown below. Select No if you have populated your own products to be used in the price quotes created by Design Suite v3.5 and you wish to continue using your own product list. Selecting Yes will wipe out your own product list if you have created one.
figure 5.12 Heatlink Design Suite Install - user product database file is found
15. If there was a previous version detected on your system the installation program will first delete the previous program files. Click Next to continue.
figure 5.13 Heatlink Design Suite Install - over write
16. If you had not installed Healink Design suite before it will tell you so. Click Next to continue.
figure 5.14 Heatlink Design Suite Not Found
17. The installation program will now copy the files required.
figure 5.15 Heatlink Design Suite Install - copying files
18. When the program has indicated that is has completed copying the files on to your system press the Next button.
figure 5.16 Heatlink Design Suite Install - copying files completed
19. You have now successfully installed the Heatlink Design Suite v3.5 program. At this time simply press the Finish button.
20. The installation program will ask you if you would like to run Design Suite now. This will automatically add the "Heatlink Suite Wizard" to the Tools/Add-Ins section in Excel. It is recommended that you select Yes to this so that Design Suite can be completely setup and start running at this time.
Note: If you do not see this screen, please read the bottom of the FAQ page to finish the installation of the Design Suite.
figure 5.17 Heatlink Design Suite Install - run Heatlink Design Suite now.
21. If you have chosen to run the program now, Microsoft Excel will now automatically start to run. You will notice that there is now a new tab called Add-Ins and within that tab there is a menu called Heatlink Start.
figure 5.18 Microsoft Excel - Heatlink Start
You have now successfully installed the Heatlink Design Suite v3.5 program
Please proceed to the Pricing Update Instructions to validate current pricing.